Monday, August 15, 2011

Friends & Felting Fun ......

I received the most beautiful surprise in the mail last week.  Leanne Pizio  (Paintergirl) had sent me a package with some gorgeous japanese fabrics and hidden amongst them a box with this treasure below inside....one of her ceramic lotus pods.  I was blown away by her generosity...for years I have visited her blog  admiring her wonderful ceramics (especially with bird and owl images) and paintings.  I still cant believe I now have some of her art in my home...it is even more beautiful in real life.  Heartfelt thank you Leanne for this lovely gift.

 Ceramic lotus pod with beautiful turqoise glaze inside.


And another lovely friend Dot gifted me some beautiful kimono silks and thread to add to my stash for my Magic Diaries cloth.....yummy.  These will fit in very nicely thank you Dot.


 Dots birthday tomorrow,  and we usually organise a creative day or workshop to celebrate our birthdays.  This year Dot invited myself and our friend Nat along to a felting day at Elizabeth Armstrongs studio.  Elizabeths studio is an Aladdins Cave of colour and texture...my creative mind goes into overdrive when I enter her studio.  Below is the scarf I made on the day.


Nat took the photo below (on her trusty iphone) of me and my scarf in progress on the day.  Pop over to Nats blog to see the amazing scarf she made on the day and some more photos of Elizabeths studio.


Today I have been doing more linocuts .... working on a special project and this week I will be doing more on my Magic Diaries Cloth....incorporating my new fabrics, playing around with a little 'beast'.


NEVER  FORGET
EVERYTHING  AND
EVERY  PERSON
THAT  HAS  A  PLACE
WITHIN  YOUR  HEART

-SARK-

Have a creative and happy week.

Jacky xox

25 comments:

Nat Palaskas said...

Lucky Jacky, that lotus pod is truly beautiful. I have never seen anything like it. I will visit her blog next. I love you nuno scarf. It's gorgeous. I bet you are happy with it - I love mine! Hugs Nat

Els said...

Hi Jacky, love that seed pod! Hard to imagine that it's ceramic !?!? You did a great job with the scarf, I had seen you already at Nat's. Also bitten?
(When you want that recipe, send me an e-mail: I'll translate it for you!!)

deanna7trees said...

your scarf is just beautiful. i'll bet you're pleased with it. that pod is great. i used to have those pods (the real kind) around my house all the time when i lived in NY. and if they still had the seeds inside, they were like a rattle. a great gift you received.

Zorana said...

That lotus pod is really a treasure! The shape, color and texture of it just call for you to look at it and hold it. Amazing! Love the scarf too! I can imagine it has to be a lot of fun to create in that studio. The scarf in process looks like an abstract painting.... very pretty!

Rachel said...

You've been very active! It all sounds like fun, too...

Anonymous said...

Your textural fabric art is awesome!

Ro Bruhn said...

Wow is all I can say to the seed pod and your beautiful scarf. I can't wait to see them both in the flesh, bring on our get together. A day spent with Elizabeth is so inspiring the creative juices go into overload.

A bird in the hand said...

The seed pod is lovely.
And you scarf is maginificent!
Colette xx

Karen said...

Jacky, your scarf is beautiful especially the edge...

Philippa said...

Hi Jacky

Nice to hear from you - I have been very out of the loop but have discovered tonight I can remember how to thread a needle so feeling more like a real person. Love your idea of doing workshops for birthdays. My stitching group gets together and buys a special book for birthdays which is quite a treat. Love the scarf - do I detect the influence of the Vienna exhibition? Trust all well. Take care.
Philippa

Penny Berens said...

Ooh Jacky, a very yummy post full of treasures.

Anonymous said...

wow.

the scarf is amazing, so many elements in it and so wonderfully long.... gorgeous work.

Robin Olsen said...

Great scarf Jacky! I love how you made it look quilty and gave it some structure. And I'm wanting that lotus pod!

Jeannie said...

Wow! Your scarf is wonderful! I am coveting the lotus pod. I cannot believe it is ceramic. What a talented artist. The kimono silks are gorgeous and I know you will create great beauty with them. Keep having fun!!! Love the quote.

Peggy said...

Jacky, your scarf is just awesome, will you really use it as a scarf or will you display it? I think I'd display it. When I wasn't wearing it, that is! I saw the photo over at Nat's but didn't realize that was the Jacky I know! You've had a fun time lately and it was fun to read this post!

Elizabeth said...

YOUR scarf is exquisite and amazing!!!I love how you really collaged in all of the knit pieces and silks!!! that is so you Jacky!!!! I just love it!!
the Lotus blossom piece is wonderful so delicate and architectural!!

Now I must find your magic diaries cloth and see how it is coming!!

rivergardenstudio said...

Jacky, what a gorgeous scarf!!! And the seed pod. I love to visit and see what you are up to, what gifts the mail has brought you, and to read about your artistic ventures. Have a happy week, and thanks for telling me about the bird. So different from ours. roxanne

Mary Stanley said...

What a beautiful scarf! You are so lucky to get to visit Elizabeth's studio! The seed pot is exquisite!
Please give Dot a Happy Birthday hug for me!

Anonymous said...

you have beauty & creativity going on all around and in you! How big did the amazing scarf turn out to be?

Caterina Giglio said...

amazing scarf! and just wanted to tell you how much I love your sark quotes, they are your trademark now!! xx

Anonymous said...

Seems you had a wonderfully productive time creating such glorious colour in your lovely scarf, Jacky.

Julia said...

Completely captivated by the lotus pod and the beautiful scarf!! Thank you for sharing such lovely things with us!

Julia x x x

Linda Vincent said...

You must be so pleased with the way your scarf turned out....its fabulous! Now I'm looking forward to seeing how you use those wonderful fabrics and threads from Dot :-)

leanne pizio said...

Hay Jacky! Big Wave!
So thrilled that you like the lotus pod. Thank you for your sweet words....and everyone's sweet words. My heart opened to read this post and the comments:)
I so love your scarf! WOW! it is exquisite.

Gaby Bee said...

Your scarf is to die for, Jacky! The colors are so beautiful.

I too love that seed pod!

Have a great week!
Hugs,
Gaby