Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Winter wattle .......

It's one of my favourite times of year....the wattle is starting to bloom down here in Australia.....brightening up some dreary winter days.  Once the wattle begins to come out,  I know that the days are getting longer, the weather is beginning to become milder....spring is on it's way.


bunch of winter wattle to brighten the lounge room


Our exhibition has been and gone....such a wonderful time.  It was amazing to see you art hanging, to have such positive comments.  It was so lovely to be part of this exhibition with these four lovely (and talented) women.  L to R  Julia Dean, Patsy Worledge, Dot Christian, myself and Ro Bruhn.  The photo's below are thank you to Ro's lovely husband Steve who took photos for us all over the weekend.  I have borrowed these from Ro's blog....pop over to visit her and see more.

Julia, Patsy, Dot, me and Ro.



view of the room  with our art hanging.

Melbourne turned on a beautiful, clear winters weekend for us.  Below are some photos taken on our walk to and from the exhibition over the weekend.


Flinders Street Railway Station and one of Melbournes iconic trams.


Dot in Hosiers Lane.  We loved to walk through the lane on the way to St. Michaels and take in the street art.


Part of the "Forum" building.  What gorgeous architecture!


Melbourne in Winter.

And what have I been up to since the exhibition????  Art wise,  not much at all.  I seem to have needed a little break.  A bit of journalling,  but not much else.   I have had visitors though.  My MIL Norma came down for the opening of the exhibition and stayed for a while afterwards.  Today my some arrived home from the USA for a weeks holiday with us....love having my boys at home!

I am taking part in Jude Hills latest online workshop.... The Magic Diaries.....so there will be some fabric being stitched soon.  I am also going to do a bit more linocut printmaking.  I love that process and want to do more of it.
My friend Meg, whom I paint with most Fridays is still away on her holiday in Greece (3 months....lucky girl).  But,  she will be back soon and I will get back into my painting again.

OUR LIVES ARE FILLED WITH GORGEOUS MOMENTS
THE SMELL OF CLOTHES DRIED IN THE SUN
 IS ONE OF THOSE.RELAX, AND LET MOMENTS LIKE THESE SEEP INTO YOUR SOUL.


-SARK-

Have a wonderful week.

Jacky xox


11 comments:

lynda Howells said...

love all these images and your work. I too am doing The Magic Dairies.xxlynda

Nat Palaskas said...

Great post Jacky, will be back to read the fine prints later. Love the images and glad you are in the magic diaries too! Nat xoxo

deanna7trees said...

glad to see you back here. enjoyed the photos. look forward to seeing what you will stitch in magic diaries.

Gaye Todd said...

So excited that your exhibition went well.... thanks for sharing the photos!

Anonymous said...

some post exhibition

fallow fields, no doubt..

congrats on such an effort!

Peggy Beck said...

Lovely pictures Jacky. Wish I could see Melbourne but won't fly for that many hours to get there.
The nettle is pretty and I'm glad to see you back as well.

Linda Vincent said...

You must be so proud of what you achieved Jacky! The exhibition looks fantastic - I would have LOVED to have seen it in real life.

Looking forward to seeing your Magic Diaries :-)
Hugs
Linda xx

Penny Berens said...

Oh, Jacky, the show looks wonderful....congratulations to all of you.
Thanks for dropping by to see the beginnings of the crow. I'll be seeing you over at magic diaries too.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Congratulations on your show. That street art is eye-poppin'!
best, nadia

rivergardenstudio said...

Oh, your exhibit looks wonderful, as do your fellow artists and Melbourne. i love the old buildings especially the clock tower. Hope you are settling in and have rested up from your show! roxanne

Jen xo said...

big blog catch up today and you see how late i am in commenting :(
loved the exhibition Jacky and the best part was meeting you gals :)