Friday, July 22, 2011

Indigo Moon in nature....

It's been a chilly week down here.....it must be snowing somewhere close by!    I popped outside the other night to get some wood for the fire and noticed this beautiful indigo moon...what gorgeous deep black/blue sky colours and that softly, glowing moon. 


I love seeing the trees all naked,  seeing their intricate branch patterns.  The picture below is a view of the farm in winter,  through the crazy willow.


Meg is back from her trip to Greece (and feeling the cold back home after three months of warmth).  It is lovely to have her home and to be back in her studio with the other girls drawing/painting/chatting/sipping tea/eating lemonade scones.  I have missed those Friday mornings while Meg has been away.


Today we did some little pen drawings (15cm x 15cm) using pattern as our background.  This is my little work in progress.  I love drawing with pen and ink...very relaxing.  I really enjoy making all the little patterns and designs ....filling the page with dots and dashes. click for a closer look.


While I was in Thailand I bought this beautiful silk runner / wrap.  Click on the photo to see all of the beautiful kantha stitch and the lovely little fringe.  This piece is approximately 2m long x 75cm wide and double sided. Imagine all of that stitching!!!!   I am going to use this piece as a table runner for special occasions. 

This is the reverse of the cloth.... they use quite contrasting (and vibrant) colours on each piece.  I loved the beautiful muted colours on the front of the cloth...and I am getting used to the brighter turquoise/purple on the back.
I got this cloth out this week to inspire me as I have been thinking of stitching and fabric quite a lot as I am taking part in the Magic Diaries with Jude Hill.  I have been getting pieces of fabric together,  threads, fragments from older work.  I have been writing down, and drawing up,  lots of ideas.  I am enjoying the process.
This workshop takes place over the next six months.  I love the longer class format, the feeling that there is no rush,  just letting things happen as they will.


BE STILL
AND LET THE BEAUTY COME

-SARK-


Jacky xox

14 comments:

Penny Berens said...

Oh, Jacky, your ink drawing is just gorgeous. Perhaps it could be translated into stitch over at Magic diaries.

ArtPropelled said...

Jacky, you have a great sense of design. Lovely pen and ink drawing!

deanna7trees said...

great ink drawing. and love that silk runner--especially the reverse side.

Nat Palaskas said...

Lovely pics of the sky. Indigo moon, I just love that name. Great drawing Jacky. Hope you had a nice week - Hugs Nat

Ro Bruhn said...

Jacky your black and white drawing is beautiful, you're really on a roll. Looking forward to catching up again soon, it seems ages since our exhibition. xo

Karen said...

the pen and ink drawing is wonderful Jacky! I hope all is well with you and yours x

Peggy Beck said...

Hi Jacky. Your pen and ink drawing is striking. It reminds me of the art of "Zentangles". If you aren't familiar, check it out on Google. You would be very good at tangles.

Caterina Giglio said...

wonderful pen drawing Jacky, love your design sense and what fun to do the Magic Diaries...

Emma said...

lovely drawing. I miss lino printing since my class was postponed earlier this year, must get back to it. So glad the exhibition went well!

joe tulips said...

Who is SARK? Is it okay to put those words on postcards or quilts??

Linda Vincent said...

I really like your pen drawing Jacky...and I did click on it :-)
It still feels strange to think of you in the midst of winter..bare branches on the trees etc. We are going through a humid patch ...couldn't sleep last night!!
XX

Judy Martin said...

The cloth from Thailand blows me away. I love that it is turquoise on one side and white/red on the other. Am very inspired by that idea actually.

Also, your own drawing is bold and intricate. Congratulations.

Jen xo said...

oh Jacky what a lovely pen and ink drawing....love those fabrics from Thailand too..

Jaysales said...

Dear Sir/ Madam,
Hi…
We are proud to share with you that we are one of the leading reliable Exporter and Indian supplier of vintage kantha stitch articles i.e. Silk Scarfs (Reversible with double Layer ) and THROWS/ QUILTS/ Cushion Covers/ Pillows/ Bags etc.
We believe that this post will reach you in good perfect state of mind and good healthy. How is your day? Sorry for the disturbance actually we were browsing through the Internet when we came across your Blogs which made us to pick interest to writ you in respect of establishing new relationship with you.

However it would be a great pleasure to have your acceptance and to see if we could make it success in building one good business relationship.

Pls note the link to know more about our products http://jaysalescorporationofindia.weebly.com/

Pls Note:
1. No MOQ Required.
2. All over world shipment
3. Payment: TT advance/ LC at Sight.
4. Ship Method : By AIR or SEA.

Thanks with best Regards.

Mahesh
M/s. Jay Sales Corporation
Plot No. 1, Shivesh Vihar,
Gandhi Path, Vashali Nagar
Jaipur-302005 (Raj.)
India
Mob: +91 9928772914
Email : jaysalescorporationofindia@gmail.com
Web Site: www.jaysalescorporationofindia.weebly.com