Monday, June 2, 2008

Fun weekend ...

I enjoyed a lovely, sunny winters weekend this weekend past. Friday I went in to stay with my sister and her family in Ormond as one of our Aunties was visiting. Always lovely when family get together and this was no exception....lots of catching up to do .
On the Saturday Lee (my sister) took me to the most fabulous market, Magnolia Square Market (I think you can google the website). Lots of beautiful hand made art and clothing, I was so inspired! Bought a few gifts for friends and generally had a lovely day with Lee.
On Sunday my "art pal" Dot came over for a visit. The day was divine, so we headed off to Jindivick (small town near my home with population of maybe 100???). We treated ourselves to to a beautiful lunch at The Barn, a providore type cafe and then later wandered across the road to a tiny cafe where we indulged in the most magnificent cakes!!!!
Dont you think Dot looks very happy below at the prospect of eating her delectable Sticky Date Pudding (I can vouch for the fact it was delectable as I "sampled" it !!!!). Check out the funky coffee mug... gave us a good giggle.
Picture below is Dot and our friend Marianne (horsey friend, not arty friend). These girls were keen to get stuck into their desserts.... although we claimed to be sooooo full after lunch !
And of course, I couldnt miss out could I? Yumbo, yumbo.... chocolate mousse pavlova cake!!! Has to be tried to be believed. My eyes were bigger than my belly and I couldnt eat it all .... but I did make quite a dent for someone who is not usually into dessert. I think we three girls will be visiting this quaint little cafe again.
Photo's are not in the right sequence, but this is The Barn where we had our beautiful lunch....good food, great company and fantastic weather, what more can a girl ask for? This little barn is nestled in the gippsland hills and scenery is fantastic. We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world.
Oh well, suppose I had better post a little bit of art... these little birdies, basking in the winter sunshine are for a Paper Bird Tota swap I am in. Tried my hand at a little fabric/paper with these little fellows. Not the best photo, but I hope the girls like them!
I know I promised my photos of Misty and Traci's classes, but alas no room this post, so will save them for another time (might give me a chance to finish them off too.)

Take care and I hope you had an enjoyable weekend.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooo. i love the birds!!! so good to see you!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Those birds are so adorable! I'm sure they will love them :o)

The colors are very pretty.....

Anonymous said...

sounds and looks like you all had a great time. the cake looks yummy!
I love! love! love! the birds, the girls will adore them. Im going to have a go at making one Im sooo! inspired thank you .I'm glad Dot is feeling a bit better, cake and good company always helps .love from sesga xx

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

I absolutely love your paper birds. it looked like your adventures with the girls was way too much fun!!!! What a hoot!
chris p

Poppy said...

Looks like a blast! I wish I was there with you all, I love cake too!

The birds are fun! I have seen a few of the bird swaps around and they are very interesting. They will be great for your swap!

Jill in Florida

Zorana said...

What a lovely post! It's great to see your happy faces. It made me hungry too... those deserts look totally yummy. The birds are beautiful! I'm sure they will adore them.

Dawnie said...

What WONDERFUL birds that Im sure will be received with much love dear Jacky. Great colours and love the detail around the eye.Love the pics of you gals. I miss you both!

Hugs
Dawnie xxx

Jackie said...

Hi to another Jacky. Thanks for your comments. I recently discovered Ro Bruhn, can't remember how but glad I did. There are SO MANY to meet in blogland aren't there. I enjoyed reading and meeting you today.

suze said...

CAKE! Yum...thanks for visiting my blog yesterday. It was just one of my hollyhocks in bloom...my text didn't come thu and I was in a heck-with-it mood. Wasn't expecting any comments...thanks!

Hoola Tallulah said...

Foaming at the mouth over those desserts and even more so over your little art birdies, they are divine!

Patti G. said...

Jacky!!!!!!!! Love the photos you shared and you and Dotee look FABULOUS!!!!!! Your birdies are tttttttweet as can be, the girls will adore them! I DO!
Hugs,Patti

Dot said...

What a fun happy post my friend! Love the photo's of us (and our cakes). Yummm...it was a lovely, lovely day and I enjoyed your company as always. Mind you I couldn't move after that cake but it was worth it.

And I adore the birds you made - clever, clever you!

Jo Wholohan said...

Hehehe look at you crazy girls!!! Lovely photo of you jacky :))

LOVE the paper birds, the are devine!!!

Julie H said...

Beautiful birds! i am sure the recipients will be thrilled. Nice to see you all looking so happy at lunch too.

Linda Vincent said...

Great photos Jacky! Enjoyed reading your blog today...looks like you had a brilliant time with the lovely Dot.
Linda xxx