Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January .....

Here it is nearly the end of January....and what have I been doing?  Certainly haven't been blogging!
I have been very busy though.  Catching up with family and friends, relaxing.....


I finished another journal at the end of December and am well and truly into my next one.  Journal no.5

I've been doing lots of reading.  Beautiful books I was given for Christmas,  art books I bought last year and had time over the last month to have a good look and read of them.  And, my e-reader has been kept very busy too.  Mostly light, holiday reading. 
I've been dyeing with friends.   Last weekend I went to my friend Nat's and we did some indigo dyeing in her vat.  Two beautiful scarves.  Nat taught me how to make the fringeing to finish them off.  More indigo moons,  I can never have enough of these.  Lots of fun and our love of indigo continues.  See more of our indigo dyeing adventures on Nat's blog.

I picked up some lovely silks and linen samples while op. shop trawling with my friend Dot.  Some of these will find their way to the dye pot soon.

And I'm doing an online workshop at Tim's Sally..... I've never used neons before,  but these are used in the workshop, so I thought I would be brave and give them a go.  I will let you know how that went later!
 
Tonight I plan to do some stitching....with red thread  (Judy Martin says she uses red thread for protection .... I like that idea).
 
Tomorrow is the first day of February...I will try and post more next month.
 
WORK HARD
TO MAKE SOMEONE HAPPY
EVERY DAY
 
Jacky xox

11 comments:

lynne h said...

ahhh! that journal cover, jacky! and flourescents! woo! maybe after i see what you do with them i'll feel i must use them in my paintings... : )

happy february sweet woman...

xoxo

Jenny said...

Gorgeous journal cover Jacky.... and beautiful dyeing... sounds like you have had a wonderful month.... ooooh Tim's Sally workshop... Jenxo and I were just talking about that one... and love the neons...

Jenny ♥

ArtPropelled said...

I can see you had a successful op shop trawl. Lovely looking stash. I like the thought of stitching with red thread for protection. Happy stitching!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Oh! that journal cover got me too. It is nice to see what you've been doing. And I must say you have been doing lots of fun things.

A bird in the hand said...

You've been havin a very good time shop trawling! You have my admiration for filling 5 journals... xoxo

deanna7trees said...

you're really fast with your journaling. and i saw you over at Nat's place. you both do such beautiful work.

Rachel said...

Good to know that the silence has been due to activity!

Do tell us how the neons work out..

Pat said...

I haven't been blogging much either. But I do love seeing what you've been up to here--and I'm never disappointed!

Nat Palaskas said...

It was a lot of fun indigo dyeing with you. It's important to have friend to bounce idea with when dyeing. I'm impresses how fast you fill your diary - Hugs Nat

Sophie said...

I miss your blog... I'm in Australia now, hope to come back home soon.
xo

Anonymous said...

Kidney donors Needed Urgently in Kokilaben Hospital India for the sum of $450,000,00,All donors are to reply via Email only: kokilabendhirubhaihospital@gmail.com
WhatsApp +91 7795833215