Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Made with love....

Well my sister Lee didnt get Easter Eggs from me this year.... instead I made her one of my Klimt dolls. Lots of minute stitching, all stitched with love. It is so nice that Lee likes my art dolls, so I wanted her to have one made especially for her. This close up one shows some of the stitching and little flower sequins she has for cheeks. Below, the full view.
I recently took a trip to Sydney with my dear friend Jenni. As an early birthday present we went to the Sydney Opera House to see "Madama Butterfly". Lovely to experience my first visit to the opera at the Sydney Opera House. Always on the look out for art I noticed this street art/graffiti on our taxi ride from the airport.... thought you might like to see it too, I thought it was fabulous!!! Click for a closer look (sorry, took the photo through the window).


My sister and her family visited me for Easter (lucky me.... my brother-in-law is renovating my ensuite for me!!!). While they were visiting we took a trip down to Yarragon Village and I found this beautiful little wooden trivet below, which I was told was once a printing block. I loved it, so bought it for myself for Easter. I love the hint of green paint..... maybe I will have a play around with it myself and try some printing?


These gorgeous fabrics, threads and wools were gifted to me in a package from Keron Lee



Dont you just love the beautiful colours? Keron is hand dyeing lots of textiles in scrummy colours. She has opened an etsy store urbandriftwood.etsy.com if you want to take a look.
Well that was my Easter.... Lovely time with family and friends, just as it should be.
Jacky xox





20 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Jacky, just wanted to let you know that my art doll now has pride of place on my desk - I absolutely love it & feel so lucky to have such a creative and loving sister who would make such an amazing piece of art for me. Thank you X0X

P.S. We had a wonderful relaxing weekend with you. :)

Mary S. Hunt said...

the fibers from keron are gorgeous!
oohhh the opera...i haven't been in years
did you enjoy madame butterfly?
great graffiti too
but
i LOVE the doll she is stunning!

i just happen to have an opening for "sister" (adopted of course)

thanks for sharing the trip...

Leanne Pizio said...

Love the doll you gave your sis.
She is beautiful. I just love your colors and these new fibers from Keron.....I can't wait to see what you make with them.

Cotton Picker said...

How fortunate your sister is to have such a lovely creation. The doll is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What a stunning doll given with so much love .
Look forward to seeing what you make with those lovely goodies from Keron lee.
Love from sesga xx

Ps have you started your fabric page yet ??

I haven't!! I know Im naughty .

Dot said...

Oh Jacky your Klimt doll for Lee turned out perfectly! Love the extra embellishing and stitching you have done on it. And I love that KF fabric (drool)...

Thanks for sharing the photo of some street art in Sydney. So glad you had a great time with Jenn.

And your goodies from Keron are lovely (look forward to seeing them up close very soon).

The trivet from that lovely shop in Yarragon is gorgeous ; and so very you. A great Easter present!

Dot xx

Jeane Myers said...

the detail in your dolls is remarkable! bonanza in the gift department - love the colors of these hand dyed pieces - and your trivet is just wonderful.....

Jen xo said...

im drooling too over your doll, your sister is very lucky!
Love the tivet and gald you had a lovely easter. Oh and your fabrics and trims are just the most gorgeous colors jenxo

Anne said...

Hi, Jacky! Love the wooden trivet / painting block! Gorgeous! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh Jacky, its ALL beautiful !
X mandy

Patti G. said...

Jacky, HOW GREAT that you created a doll for Lee! I popped over to her blog and said hello to her (from your artful friend......me) Hehehehe! Your Easter sounded soooooo nice, I am happy for you all!
Sending a hug your way sweetie,
Patti

Anonymous said...

Love Keron's stuff.. those colors are my fave..

and more dolls! Have you sent them inot cloth paper scissors or anyone else? If not, you should!

Debbi Baker said...

Hi Jacky - that doll is just gorgeous - no wonder your sister is thrilled! And that wooden trivet would make great rubbings as well as prints I reckon. Lovely colours in Keron's package.

mary schweitzer said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.
I am in awe of the detail you put in your dolls. The stitching is so detailed.
Beautiful work.
Mary

martha brown said...

I just love those Klimt dolls. they are great fun -- your sister is a lucky one!

kelsey said...

The Klimt doll is just gorgeous Jacky! I too look forward to catching up with you again next year at the CSR2010... must have a better chat to you too! lol

Rachael said...

Hello there,
I've just found your blog via Lee's blog, and I'm so excited that i did!
Your work is beautiful - aqnd she has a very talented sister!
I'm going to put my kids to bed and come back and read some more...I am so excited!
Rachael

Ro Bruhn said...

Your dolls are gorgeous Jacky, great colours too. Thanks for the birthday wishes, see you Saturday

Karen said...

Lovely colours in the fabric and thread. Opera.....I am so glad you enjoyed it. I have never been and often wonder if I would have a clue what was going on.

Linda Vincent said...

Oh how much better to get one of your Klimt dolls than an Easter egg (longer lasting and no calories) - lucky sister.
The textiles from Keron are just gorgeous; I'm off to visit her blog....
Hugs
Linda x