This beautiful piece of art above was created for me by my Queensland art buddy, Jo Wholohan. I love the rusting technique she has used and the texture she creates using fabrics, paste, paint etc. Jo has been doing a few online art classes, learning face techniques etc. I love the serene face in this piece. Online classes are lots of fun..... which reminds me I must get back to my Suzi Blu classes now that I am back home!
The above is a work in progress I am making for a friend (trying out my new Suzi Blu techniques). Still a ways to go..... mmmmm what to do next? Images, texture....
Now these pictures are all in reverse order for some reason.... Blogger is not "playing" fair at the moment. This picture of a gnarled old tree was taken in the woods on the property where my son is now working in the UK. The wooded areas were amazing and dated back to the Doomsday book. Shame my photographic skills are not better!
Looking through the horse paddocks across the fields. A beautiful property and a true working farm.
The cream cottage (second along) is my sons house in Nayland, Colchester....just the most gorgeous village. I felt I had stepped back in time as this house dates back to the 1400's.
Now.... 7 weird/quirky facts about me....
1. My favourite food is potato (dont care how you cook it.... I even dont mind it raw).
2. When I was little my dad told me if I buried prawn heads in the garden they would grow (I loved seafood from an early age). Needless to say a cunning way to dispose of the smelly prawn heads.
3. I LOVE Jane Austen books and have read them all many times. I have started collecting the DVDs based on her novels.
4. I am a hoarder extordinaire... especially fabrics. The problem is, if I love a piece of fabric I cant bear to use the last piece. I am in the process of creating my very own vintage stash as I have been collecting for about 30 years.
5. I am 5foot and 3/4 of an inch tall (when you are this short the 3/4" really counts).
6. I have lost both of my parents. My dad when I was 15 and my mum when I was 33.
7. I love to collect pencils and crayons. (Have put in an order for the large set of Caran D'ache watercolour crayons for Christmas.)
Not very quirky or weird... but nevertheless, facts about me.
Have fun this week and those in Australia enjoy the gorgeous sunshine they are forecasting this weekend.