Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Journalling Fun...

I am taking part in a Journal swap in one of my Yahoo groups. I have always wanted to do a visual / art journal but have always procrastinated when it came to actually doing something. Obviously joining this group was just the kick start I needed.
This swap/challenge is being hosted by the wonderful Jo Wholohan. Each month Jo provides a theme or topic for our page.
This month the theme was balance... we can all do with some of that in our lives.
I have always loved these cups and saucers (an advertisement from a magazine for Royal Doulton) and wanted to incorporate them in my journal page for this month.
Lots of fun this page..... cant wait for next months theme from Jo. Now that I have finally started I am really enjoying this challenge.
Thank you too for all the wonderful comments on my fabric doll pages I received from a swap hosted by Belinda Schneider. Great to see some of the beautiful pages made by some talented ladies both here in Australia and overseas.
I have some pictures of all the dolls I sent for the swap. Will find some of these and post in the next few days. A most fantastic swap!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyways, hope you enjoy my first journal page....

5 comments:

Julie H said...

Beautiful - and so relaxing, I kind of want to get in the cup and go to sleep with the bird.

Debbi Baker said...

Gorgeous page Jacky - love that colour green!

Jo Wholohan said...

I lovvvveeee this Jacky, so cool!!! Im so glad you are enjoying this process my dear :))

Holly Loves Art said...

I am so glad you are doing this! Journalling is one of my favorite things to do... making pretty pages with pretty images and telling a story. This one is lovely!

Zorana said...

Dear Jacky, thank you for visiting my blog. I don't have your email, so I couldn't reply privately. I feel like I know you... through our friend Dot. Your first journal page is lovely! I hope you'll create and post many more.